- This event has passed.
Green Professional Building Skills: Fundamentals of Building Green (2 Days)
June 6 @ 9:00 am - June 7 @ 12:00 pm CDT
June 6th and 7th, 2023| 9am-12pm
Join the Urban League of Louisiana for “Fundamentals of Building Green” on Tuesday and Wednesday, June 6th and 7th, 9:00am-12:00pm each day. This training is a part of Green Professional Building Skills (GPRO) curriculum created and sourced by the Urban Green Council, the New York affiliate of the U.S. Green Building Council.
In GPRO Fundamentals of Building Green, students will learn how to see buildings differently and understand foundational strategies that make them efficient, healthy and resilient.
Who Should Attend:
This course is ideal for anyone who needs a better understanding of high-performance building, including:
- Sales or administrative staff who work in real estate, construction, architecture or engineering.
- Workforce development providers
- Facilities and operations staff
- College students interested in entering the building or construction industry
What Students Learn:
- The relationship between buildings and climate change
- Basic elements of green, high-performance construction and building operations
- Roles of trades on high-performance job sites
- Energy-consuming building systems and a high-level overview of strategies to reduce building energy use
Instructor: Sonji White, Project Manager, Construction Services, Vanir
This course is sponsored by the New Orleans Business Alliance and Chase Advancing Cities. There is no cost to attend, however, registration is required.
Register today to reserve your spot! Once registered via Eventbrite, accepted participants will be sent links to join for each day.
GPRO Fundamentals qualifies for 4 AIA and GBCI CE Credits.
Do you have a business-building event that should be added?
*We reserve the right to publish events on an individual basis. All events must be business related, non-sales with a focus on educating and benefiting the business community.